Littleleaf Ash (Fraxinus greggii)
Young Littleleaf Ash, Chihuahuan Desert Gardens, Centennial Museum, University of Texas at El Paso. Photograph by A.H. Harris.
- Common English Names: Littleleaf Ash, Gregg Ash, Dogleg Ash, Mexican Ash
- Common Spanish Names: Escobilla, Barreta, China, Fresno
- Scientific Name: Fraxinus greggii (FRAKS-in-us GREGG-ee-aye)
- Family: Oleaceae (Olive Family)
- Geographic Range: Southern Trans-Pecos Texas west to New Mexico and southern Arizona; Coahuila, Nuevo León, Zacatecas, and Tamaulipas in Mexico.
- Plant Form: Multistemmed semi-evergreen shrub or small tree up to 18' H x 15' W.
- Remarks: Fast growing. Full sun, moderate water, well-drained soil. Hardy to 5° F.
Last Update: 4 Jul 2002