Thoroughwort (Conoclinium greggii)
Flowers of Thoroughwort. Photograph by Wynn Anderson.
- Common English Names: Thoroughwort, Blue Mist, Gregg's Mistflower
- Common Spanish Names:
- Scientific Name: Conoclinium greggii (con-no-CLIN-nee-um GREG-ee-aye)
- Family: Asteraceae (Sunflower Family)
- Geographic Range: Arizona to western Texas and northern Mexico to at least Durango and Coahuila.
- Plant Form: Perennial groundcover 12" H x 12+" W.
- Remarks: Also commonly found under the name Eupatorium greggii. Great butterfly plant with blue flowers that dies to the ground in winter. Blooms spring through fall.
Moderate water, full sun.
Last Update: 27 Jun 2002